1. What Information is Collected
We receive, collect and store any information you enter through the Services or provide us in any other way. In addition, we and our third-party service providers (including third-party content, advertising, analytics, and payment processing providers) automatically collect certain information from your device or web browser when you interact with the Services. We collect information in a variety of ways, including:
Email Subscriptions: When you sign up to receive our emails, we collect your email address.
Surveys and Contests: From time to time, we may conduct surveys or contests. When you participate, we may collect your contact information (such as name and shipping address), demographic information (such as zip code, age level), survey responses, and any other information you enter using our online forms.
Analytics: We use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services. Each time you visit the Services we and our third-party service providers automatically collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device identifier or other unique identifier, browser and computer type, access time, the webpage you came from and go to next, and your interaction with the Services. In particular, we use Google Analytics, which is a service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services.
User Content and Correspondence: When you contact us or use the Services to post, upload, or share content or information with us or other users of the Services, we may collect and store copies of the information and content you provide.
2. How Information Is Used
We use the information we collect:
- to enable you to use our Services, to process information you provide via our Services and to process your transactions;
- to perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of our users and for other internal business purposes to improve our Services;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested;
- to tailor content, recommendations, and advertisements we and third parties display to you, both on the Services and elsewhere online;
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations.
3. Sharing Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your information to others. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual. We may also disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to our subsidiaries and affiliates and to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
We may also share your information where reasonably necessary to (1) comply with a law, regulation or if we are otherwise legally required to do so; (2) establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims; (3) protect the safety or vital interests of another person.
4. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your computer. We and our third-party service providers use several categories of cookies and other tracking technologies:
Essential Cookies: These allow the Services to function as intended and ensure that the Services are secure and safe to use.
Analytics Cookies: These allow us to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Services.
Personalization Cookies: These allow our Services to remember choices you make to parts of our Services which you can customize in order to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter information every time you visit our Services.
Social Media Cookies: Third-party social media services may use these cookies when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Services or engage with our Services on or through a social networking websites.
Advertising Cookies: Third-party advertisers that place advertisements through our Services may use these cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you.
Web Beacons: Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit LDC, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other statistics related to the Services.
5. Third-Party Tracking
The following third parties in particular, among others, may collect or receive information about you when you use our Services:
- WPEngine, which provides website hosting and collects or receives company information submitted through form fields on our websites.
- Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google AdWords and EFG, which we use to gather and report Website analytics and market to our audience through advertisements. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn, which we use to market to our audience, as well as to share content and share features on our blog.
Survey Monkey and Google Forms, which we use to gain voluntary feedback from our audience.
- Zoom, which we use to broadcast live webinars and with which we share your information with to ensure that only registered users are accessing the webinar.
- Other trusted third parties which have relationships for co-branded webinars when you opt into webinars.
6. Your Rights
Depending on where you live, you may have certain legal rights with respect to any personal information collected about you, including the right to access, correct, remove, or restrict the use of your personal information. If you wish the exercise these rights, you may do so by contacting us at [email protected] or 619-236-0612. We will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Last updated: April 7, 2023