The Housing Policy Leadership Academy is an intensive learning opportunity open to leaders and influencers who want to better understand and be able to advance solutions to address our housing affordability crisis. Those who are new to housing, as well as those who are experienced in housing policy but are looking to expand their knowledge, are encouraged to apply. Each class is carefully curated to assure that the cohort is comprised of a range of professionals from varying disciplines and backgrounds.
Through this program, LDC and its affiliate, the Global Policy Leadership Academy (GPLA), are working to expand and develop an ongoing network of informed, passionate housing policy advocates committed to creating healthy housing markets for all.
The program will include a varied 8-week curriculum with hosted networking hours and guest speakers who bring both insight and expertise to a range of housing issues. The curriculum will cover the following 8 modules:
- HPLA Foundations and Overview
- Framing the Housing Crisis: Issues and Interconnectivity
- Federal, State, and Local Housing Policy and Planning
- Market Rate Housing Development
- Affordable Housing Development
- What Works to End Homelessness and Why
- Protecting Tenants and Preventing Displacement
- The Path Forward
For more information or to discuss setting up a program for your organization or city, please contact i[email protected]