The Housing Policy Leadership Academy is an intensive learning opportunity open to leaders and influencers across San Diego County who want to better understand and be able to advance solutions to address our housing affordability crisis. Those who are new to housing, as well as those who are experienced in housing policy but are looking to expand their knowledge, are encouraged to apply. Each class is carefully curated to assure that the cohort is comprised of a range of professionals from varying disciplines and backgrounds.
Through this program, we are working to expand and develop an on-going network of informed, passionate housing policy advocates committed to creating healthy housing markets for all.
The program will include a varied 8-week curriculum with hosted networking hours and guest speakers who bring both insight and expertise to a range of housing issues. The curriculum will cover the following 8 modules:
- Framing the State of the Housing Crisis
- Planning and Regulatory Environment
- Market Rate Development/ Healthy Labor Markets
- Affordable Housing Development/Impacted Communities: LMI Renters, Communities
- Impacted Communities: Homeless Populations
- Impacted Communities: Economy and Employers
- Federal and State Policy
- Regional and Local Policy
For more information or to discuss setting up a program for your organization or city, please contact Jennifer LeSar or Mary Lydon.